Monday 6 April 2020

Lockdown Birding Day 2....and Rock Sparrows

It’s not day two of the lockdown of course as that began some weeks back but this has been my second day of restricted birding since I managed to get back into France.

It’s been much cooler than yesterday with some welcome rain during the morning but the garden birds were much the same as yesterday with the addition of a firecrest and two goldfinches. The field opposite my house is planted with peas this year and a flock of around a hundred meadow pipits occasionally arose from the crop and then settled again.

Today I had to venture out in the car for some groceries and that took me further afield than my permitted one hour daily walk. In the course of the journey I came across a delightful group of ten rock sparrows feeding in a ploughed field, followed by two pairs of stone curlews a little further on. I was also able to add hen harrier and corn bunting to the lockdown count.

No comments:

Post a Comment