Friday 3 January 2014

New Year List

It's traditional for birders to get a little excited at the start of a new year with the prospect of starting with a clean sheet and refreshed optimism (rather sad really but it keeps us occupied), nevertheless, what with visitors and champagne etc I've not really got moving yet and so my 'new' list is probably less than 30 and as yet doesn't even include greenfinch.
But I  did manage to get some fresh air at Les Sources de Touvre yesterday and came across both little and  great white egret . A cetti's warbler was very confiding and gave me close views of this usually skulking chestnut-coloured beauty. And on New Year's Day itself I saw a sparrowhawk, the third one this week in fact, and that's a 'common' species which I often fail to come across for weeks on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment