Wednesday 23 December 2020

Back at Xmas!

 It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on this blog and my excuses seem to appear familiar........

Very busy;

Salving my conscience by providing bird sightings to Charente Nature which I daresay some followers of this blog are registered with.

The usual frustrations with Google who sometimes refuse to let me into the site.

Anyway, covid restrictions continue but that has not affected the birds (as far as I know) nor has it really hampered my efforts to observe them, although the period when travel from the house was limited to 1kilometre posed a bit of a handicap.

Looking back, the main highlights have been the black winged kites which graced the Tardoire valley for several weeks, an Iberian grey shrike near La Rochette, several woodchat shrikes, autumn flocks of little bustards near Tusson and stone curlews near Saint Angeau, crested tit in the Braconne Forest, black storks in the Tardoire and Charente valleys, booted eagle and an almost certain distant Griffin vulture.

And now some belated photos starting with woodlarks, a species which was delightfully plentiful this year.




A Stone curlew, one of a flock of more than 20

A red kite posing on the plains
              



Little bustards


Iberian grey shrike




No comments:

Post a Comment