Wednesday 4 August 2010

back again

A week's absence from Charente while I did some work in the centre of Manchester provided few birding opportunities but I did see kingfishers just by the hotel and surprisingly managed to add a couple of birds to my year list with goldcrest and tree creeper--as opposed to the short-toed species which is found here. Swifts were also in evidence but I have seen none since arriving back in Charente.
It's a coolish 20C today but I gather it has been very hot over the last week and everywhere is beginning to look a little parched.
I had a fleeting view of a common redstart in the garden today and saw a sparrowhawk being mobbed by house martins above Mansle yesterday evening but I've yet to do any serious birding..... I might not be doing too much for the next few days either as Stella and I are getting married in St Amant on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - Congratulations. We hope you have a lovely day on Monday (the forecast is good) and wish you every happiness.

    Brian and Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both of you; the weather was perfect and the day was a great success. The last guests from the UK are migrating back today.... and we are pretty exhausted after almost a week of celebrations.
    I can start a new post-nuptial bird list now. The highlight so far was a hobby being mobbed by swallows neat Puyclavaud.

    ReplyDelete